Sometimes mortal enemies, sometimes best friends. The relationships between dogs and cats can keep us entertained! Look at these amazing videos of dogs harrassing cats.
In this one the cats are innocently looking out the window, enjoying the birdies outside. That’s until the dog comes. Ha! This is the kind of video you could watch every day!
So what’s up with all the latest rage of watching funny cat videos?! There are over 2 million cat videos on YouTube with over 26 billion views. It is the most widely viewed category on YouTube. Well the good news is, you now have a viable excuse to entertain yourself with funny cat videos on YouTube. It’s true.
Researchers at Indiana University Media School under the direction of Jessica Myricksurveyed almost 7000 people in a research experiment. They wanted to explore what effects funny cat videos had on viewers.
“Participants in Myrick’s study reported:
- They were more energetic and felt more positive after watching cat-related online media than before.
- They had fewer negative emotions, such as anxiety, annoyance and sadness, after watching cat-related online media than before.
- They often view Internet cats at work or during studying.
- The pleasure they got from watching cat videos outweighed any guilt they felt about procrastinating.
- Cat owners and people with certain personality traits, such as agreeableness and shyness, were more likely to watch cat videos.
- About 25 percent of the cat videos they watched were ones they sought out; the rest were ones they happened upon.
- They were familiar with many so-called “celebrity cats”
The result? Even if people were watching cat videos to avoid responsibilities or for whatever reason, the emotional effect of watching a funny cat video pays positive dividends, making heavier work tasks more manageable. It’s the equivalent of free pet therapy.
So the verdict? Go out and watch your funny cat video. Having said that, here’s another one. (Check out that cat who literally plays Ping Pong!!!)