As we’ve said before the internet is today’s online gold rush. And the fact is, it has never been easier to set up a way to sell things online. And who doesn’t want to be their own boss and work for themselves? How many men want out of the corporate lifestyle and mom’s want to stay home to raise their kids?
Right now there are courses abounding online that for the price of $2500-5000 will teach you everything you need to know. Well. Phooey. I’ve taken those courses and they all say the same thing. I’m going to show you how to do it cheap so that you can save yourself $2500 and use that for advertising.
How to Set Up Your Own Online Store
- ) Pick a product to sell.
- Maybe you have your own gizmo to sell. I saw online the other day someone who had built a wooden cell phone and key holder beside their bed. They are making a killing selling that and only that.
- Dropship. Pick a niche like medical or horses and find someone who makes gear for that. Call the company and ask if they do dropshipping. Set up an account.
- Sell T-Shirts and Mugs and other apparel. You don’t even need a dropship account. Just set up a Shopify store and get the app TeeSpring or Printful. Make a design, upload it and attach it to whatever. They handle everything else (except marketing)
- For Dropshipping you can also use the “Amazon of China” which is 90% cheaper and the same stuff. Put the Oberlo app on your store (cheap) and it connects to www.aliexpress.com. You can import products over to your store. When someone orders, the order is placed with Oberlo or you can manual order it yourself. Just use e-packet with AliExpress to ship. It still takes 2-4 weeks for delivery so let your customers know.
- Set up a Shopify Store. This is actually easy and if you struggle, Shopify support is the best support I’ve ever seen anywhere. They will HELP you. And easier yet, just watch some YouTube videos. Basically it comes down to a) Pick a theme (they have free themes), b) add products, c) set up the theme in a way that looks pleasing, then set your shipping costs. It can be done in about an hour with little trouble. Again, there are a lot of YouTube videos that will walk you through this step by step.
- Do Facebook or Google Marketing. To learn Facebook marketing Udemy.com has a kazillion courses that are mostly around $10. You get amazing training for that. The best one in my opinion is from Daragh Walsh. He is a great teacher and covers it all (The Complete Course). Marketing is everything. You will want to spend time figuring out which products sell and which don’t. Test them out by putting up $5 ads for 3-5 days targeting 5 different groups. Find the group that is buying your product, shut down the other ads if they aren’t working after 3 days, then sell to the group that is buying. Just increase your budget by 20% every day on that ad.
Single Product Growth – A GREAT Option
- Get a ClickFunnels account. If you need to learn clickfunnels then find some YouTube videos. They are everywhere. #clickfunnels
- Choose one product of your own or such as aliexpress.com. Make sure to have nothing with sizes or colors. You only want ONE option for them to buy. Put the product on a sales funnel page where they can order. You will need to set up an account with Paypal or Stripe to receive money.
- Market your product with Facebook ads (see previous). Typically 1/5 products is your winner so you will need to again, test your product with $5 ads for 5 days targeting 5 different groups of people.
That’s about it. Once you get into it and do the training suggested, you will find that while it looks intimidating, it’s actually quite easy. And you don’t need to pay $5000 out of pocket to learn.
The key is 1) Finding a Winning product, and 2) Marketing that Winning Product. If you want to buy courses out there that hold your hand through the process, there are many to do so for the cost of a month’s wages. But if you’ve got some motivation to learn then either of the above 2 options is what you’ll get in these courses anyway.
I am an independent Clickfunnels Affiliate, not an employee. I receive referral payments from ClickFunnels. The opinions expressed here are my own and are not official statements of ClickFunnels or its parent company, Etison LLC